Art Deco Lighthouse Tile by Franklin
This art deco tile of a lighthouse in a landscape was made at the Franklin Tile Company (1923-1935) in Lansdale PA. The carved design is on a faience clay body. During manufacture holes were incised into the tile in order to enable a wire to be inserted for hanging. The tile measures 8 7/8" square and 3/4" thick. It has an impressed mark on the back "Franklin Pottery Faience." This vintage tile's bold colors really make this stand out. It remains in excellent condition with no chips, cracks, or repairs.